Detect, Respond, Refer: Helping to End Woman Abuse
An online resource for dental hygienists developed by Springtide Resources in partnership with the Ontario Dental Hygienists' Association, this self-directed training includes presentations with audio, and numerous assessment opportunities.
This training may count towards your continuing education requirements. This training has been promoted with support from the Ontario Dental Hygienists' Association, the Canadian Dental Hygienists Association, the British Columbia Dental Hygienists' Association, and the College of Dental Hygienists of Nova Scotia.
- Understanding Woman Abuse
- Responding to Woman Abuse
- Organizational Strategies for Responding to Woman Abuse
- Taking Care of Yourself
You will have 8 months access to complete this training.
There are three versions of this course. To enroll, click on the version below that is best suited to you.
- ODHA members: for dental hygienists in Ontario who are ODHA members
- Ontario - ODHA non-members: for dental hygienists in Ontario who are not ODHA members
- National: for Canadian dental hygienists outside of Ontario
- A high-speed internet connection is recommended. However, all course content is also available in downloadable PDF documents.
- Medium-speed connections will be able to access the audio and video, although you may need to wait for the file to load completely. If the file stalls, exit the window, click on the video or audio component again and wait 5 minutes for it to reload.
- If you have a dial-up internet connection, you will not be able to access the audio or video.
- To listen to the audio and video, a sound card and speakers or headphones are necessary.
- The presentation uses a Flash-based program. Usually this plugin is already installed in your browser, however, you may need to install an updated version of Flash. Your browser should direct you in this process. Flash is a free plugin.
- To access downloadable documents, participants will need a PDF reader. You may download Abobe Reader for free. Visit: get.adobe.com/reader